Monday, June 15, 2015

Template Airport Notification of UAS Flight

This is a template that I have for noticing airports of UAS activity. It is advisable to send something like this 24 hours in advance of a planned flight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Scott:

I am notifying you that I will be operating a UAS/U
AV in close proximity to _____ airport next week. I am notifying you per the FAA guidelines found here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

The flight will be on _____, June __ between __ and __ local. We will be above _____ which is approximately ___ miles East of the airport. The UAV will remain below 400’ AGL as measured from the launch point. If weather or other circumstances require us to reschedule, I’ll notify you either by email or by calling _____.

I’ve listed my cellphone number below if you need to contact me.

Thanks,

(___) ___-____


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, use http://airnav.com to get contact information for airports. Or visit the management office and make a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment