Saturday, July 11, 2015

Installing TX inside Phantom

I really didn't like the idea of components attached to the bottom of my quadcopter for my FPV setup, so I got an SMA Extension cable, and installed the transmitter inside the bird. I bought 2 SMA 90 Degree connectors, and worked to attach the SMA cable to the case.

I widened the hole on the leg to the left of the battery. A notch is needed so you don't pinch the receiver antenna.
Hole widened so the SMA connector would fit inside, with a notch for the receiver antenna coax.
Reattach the leg, and put the nut on the SMA connector,but don't pinch the receiver coax.
Attach the first SMA Angle connector, and test conductivity, as if the SMA nut is not tight enough, the center conductor wont make a good connection.
Attach the 2nd 90 Degree connector, and it should be spaced it out enough for the antenna.
A look how I arainged the wiring.
Installed:
H3-3D anti-interferience board
iOSD
CAM Port connector
Immersion Transmitter
You can see the transmitter on the front side of the copter. The battery goes in fine, and everything looks clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment